Jazz, Grades 3-5
Dancers will learn about Classical and Broadway techniques, while also exploring its roots-African jazz dance. We will explore different jazz ideas from master teachers such as Giordano, Luigi, and of course a little bit of Broadway. Students should be prepared to move fast and get sweaty! Jazz shoes required.
Sarah Christie started dancing at age 3 with the Turning Pointe Center of Dance in Pembroke, NH. There she studied ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical and gymnastics for 16 years. In addition to annual recitals, Sarah has held the roles of Arabian Coffee and The Sugar Plum Fairy in the Nutcracker Ballet. While studying at TPCD she was given the opportunity to perform for Walt Disney World’s “Magical Music Days” in the Magic Kingdom. From there Sarah was able to study under numerous instructors in Boston, NYC and Maine. She also attended many workshops including dancing with the NYC Rockettes. During high school, Sarah was an active member of the community, after volunteer work and experience with young children she was given the position of head cheerleading coach at St. John Regional School in Concord NH. Her team placed within the top three at competition all three years she worked as their coach. After high school, Sarah attended Southern New Hampshire University and was a member of their dance team, focusing on hip hop and lyrical dance. She transferred to Franklin Pierce University and has earned a B.S. in Human Services. During college, Sarah returned to the Turning Pointe where she taught dance and acro/gym, a class geared towards gymnastics and creative movement. Leaving to start a family, Sarah is now a wife, a mother of two little girls and as always, eager to keep dancing.
The dress code is for the safety of all children and adults dancing. We need to see your muscles and their movements. Please see the instructor if you have any questions.
- Leotards, jazz pants, yoga pants, form fitting tees and jazz shoes are acceptable. Please no exposed bellies.
- Hair in a braid or bun.
- Boys- any color shirt with jazz pants, or athletic shorts.
- Black jazz shoes.
- Nonrefundable $20 registration fee per student
- Multi-class and sibling discounts will be applied
- Payments are due the first dance class of EACH month.
- Payments not received by the 7th will incur a late fee of $10 per month late.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $15 late fee per month late.
- Payments that are greater than 1 month late will be a late fee of $30 total.
- A $25 fee for returned checks.
- Payments can be made in cash (in an envelope with the student(s) name) or by check made payable to Alton Dance Academy. Please have the students name on the check.
- There is a tuition drop box in the lobby and a secure drop box on the outside of the Boutique door to drop off 24/7!
- You may also mail payments to: P.O. Box 261 Alton, NH 03809
- Credit cards are accepted on site during business hours. On the website with transaction fee. Or over the phone with a $2 fee.
- Business Hours for accepting payments are Monday – Thursday: 3:15PM – 6:30PM and Saturday 9AM – 11AM
- There are no refunds for missed classes. You may attend another class to make-up the missed class.
- Failure to keep your account up to date will result in suspension of classes.