These classes focus on musical phrasing and the complexity of rhythms, the challenge of “making melodies” with the feet.
Kate Walker has been dancing for over 30 years. By age 5, she won numerous titles from dance competitions and pageants. At 10, she gave up pageants and modeling when she was invited to join a more rigorous competition team where she could focus her talents on tap, jazz and musical theater. She was involved in many stage productions with various theater camps and clubs. In 2005, Kate auditioned for the New England Patriots Cheerleaders. Kate went on to co-teach the dance teams at Pembroke Academy and Three Rivers School, which made her fall in love with teaching. She has taught both recreational and competitive dance ever since, with her most recent Intermediate and Advanced Tap Teams competing at the Step Up 2 Dance Nationals Dance Competition. Kate continues to be a student of dance and frequently attends classes, conventions, competitions, workshops and tap festivals throughout the year. Kate is excited to be a part of the Alton Dance Academy family!
The dress code is for the safety of all children and adults dancing. We need to see your muscles and their movements. Please see the instructor if you have any questions.
- Leotards, jazz pants, yoga pants, form fitting tees and tap shoes are acceptable.
- Hair in a braid or bun.
- Boys may wear sweats, short and tee shirts.
- Nonrefundable $20 registration fee per student
- Multi-class and sibling discounts will be applied
- Payments are due the first dance class of EACH month.
- Payments not received by the 7th will incur a late fee of $10 per month late.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $15 late fee per month late.
- Payments that are greater than 1 month late will be a late fee of $30 total.
- A $25 fee for returned checks.
- Payments can be made in cash (in an envelope with the student(s) name) or by check made payable to Alton Dance Academy. Please have the students name on the check.
- There is a tuition drop box in the lobby and a secure drop box on the outside of the Boutique door to drop off 24/7!
- You may also mail payments to: P.O. Box 261 Alton, NH 03809
- Credit cards are accepted on site during business hours. On the website with transaction fee. Or over the phone with a $2 fee.
- Business Hours for accepting payments are Monday – Thursday: 3:15PM – 6:30PM and Saturday 9AM – 11AM
- There are no refunds for missed classes. You may attend another class to make-up the missed class.
- Failure to keep your account up to date will result in suspension of classes.