By Invitation Only
Students must be enrolled in at least two other dance classes to attend workshop in addition to the invitation. Dancers will engage in an hour and a half long class, and given a chance to learn famous repertoire. This class must be taken by the committed only as it is where character roles for our yearly performance are created. Advanced students only, and must be enrolled in another technique discipline. Be prepared to learn about dance and its partner- ACTING!! Workshop is not the class for you if a Saturday commitment cannot be made for the year. Please understand that technical ability is a must along with speed, agility and eagerness to learn.
Artistic Director, Instructor
Ashley Dowling started dancing at the age of 3 at the Dalton Ballet Studio in Dalton, MA. She went on to perform lead roles including: Ariel in “The Little Mermaid”, Captain Hook in “Peter Pan”, and the Wicked Witch of the West in “The Wizard of Oz”. Upon graduation she continued her dance studies at Dean College School of Dance in Franklin, MA where she received her A.A. Degree. She choreographed many student productions and performed in the community. Pursuing her career Miss Ashley went on to Mount Holyoke College and received her B.A. Degree in dance. There she taught dance in places such as Elementary schools, Nursing homes and Jails. She has taken master classes with performers such as Merrill Ashley, Marta Renzi, Charles and Rose Flachs, Lydia Clarkson, Ethan Steifel and Denise Jefferson. She has studied with Constance Valis- Hill, Rebecca Nordstrom, and Amie Dowling. Her teaching experience has included Pittsfield High School, Dalton Ballet Studio, Terpsichore Studio, Berkshire Pulse, and Flowering Child Performing Arts School and Bard College at Simon’s Rock. Miss Ashley also founded the Pittsfield High School dance team, has received numerous dance awards such as the Henry Houston Award, and has competed in the Massachusetts Junior Miss competition as Berkshire County’s Junior Miss, after winning the title Dalton Winter Carnival Queen. She has choreographed many full-scale productions and looks forward to creating many more. Her choreography has received many standing ovations for style, creativity and excitement. She is a member of the Artists for Action council. Miss Ashley and her husband Ryan have a daughter, Kytalin and son, Turner. As of 2008 Miss Ashley is a member of the National Dance Educators Organization. The Alton Dance Academy is proud to be the only studio in New Hampshire that affords students the opportunity to graduate with membership in the National Honor Society for Dancers. Miss Ashley firmly believes dance helps build a strong educational foundation and is excited to encourage her students to pursue NHSD membership.
The dress code is for the safety of all children and adults dancing. We need to see your muscles and their movements. Please see the instructor if you have any questions.
- Any color leotard with classic pink tights. Convertible tights are preferred for those in pointe shoes. Full body tights may be used for grades 7th+
- Hair must be in bun.
- Classic pink slippers in full sole, canvas, or stretch as dictated by age for girls.
- Please do not come in a costume; tutus are acceptable for 6 year-olds and under.
- Boys- white shirt with black bottoms and black slippers.
- Nonrefundable $20 registration fee per student
- Multi-class and sibling discounts will be applied
- Payments are due the first dance class of EACH month.
- Payments not received by the 7th will incur a late fee of $10 per month late.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $15 late fee per month late.
- A $25 fee for returned checks.
- Payments can be made in cash (in an envelope with the student(s) name) or by check made payable to Alton Dance Academy. Please have the students name on the check.
- There is a tuition drop box in the lobby, and new this year we have installed a drop on the outside Boutique door.
- You may also mail payments to: P.O. Box 261 Alton, NH 03809
- Credit cards are accepted on site (Or over the phone with a $2 fee).
- Business Hours for accepting payments are Monday – Thursday: 3:15PM – 6:30PM and Saturday 9AM – 11AM
- There are no refunds for missed classes. You may attend another class to make-up the missed class.