Advanced Teen Contemporary/Ballet
This is a style of dance that has taken on many forms over the last few years. We will focus on learning the proper technique while learning some of the clean movements that are found on MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, and more. Clean popular songs and movements will be used. Jazz sneakers or jazz shoes are to be worn.
Amanda Hook started dancing at the age of eight. She studied ballet, jazz, tap, modern, and contemporary at the Alton Dance Academy. She has had feature roles in many ADA productions, her favorite is Shenzi in The Lion King. As a student Amanda was a great role model and exemplified dedication. This culminated with her induction into the National Honor Society for Dancers under the chapter of the Alton Dance Academy.
The dress code is for the safety of all children and adults dancing. We need to see your muscles and their movements. Please see the instructor if you have any questions.
- Leotards, jazz pants, yoga pants, athletic shorts, tees, dance sneakers are all acceptable.
- No baggy sweats or street clothing.
- Hair in a braid or bun.
- Boys may wear sweats, short and tee shirts.
- Nonrefundable $20 registration fee per student
- Multi-class and sibling discounts will be applied
- Payments are due the first dance class of EACH month.
- Payments not received by the 7th will incur a late fee of $10 per month late.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $15 late fee per month late.
- Payments that are greater than 1 month late will be a late fee of $30 total.
- A $25 fee for returned checks.
- Payments can be made in cash (in an envelope with the student(s) name) or by check made payable to Alton Dance Academy. Please have the students name on the check.
- There is a tuition drop box in the lobby and a secure drop box on the outside of the Boutique door to drop off 24/7!
- You may also mail payments to: P.O. Box 261 Alton, NH 03809
- Credit cards are accepted on site during business hours. On the website with transaction fee. Or over the phone with a $2 fee.
- Business Hours for accepting payments are Monday – Thursday: 3:15PM – 6:30PM and Saturday 9AM – 11AM
- There are no refunds for missed classes. You may attend another class to make-up the missed class.
- Failure to keep your account up to date will result in suspension of classes.