Originally created as a rebel against ballet, modern is done with bare feet. Dancers will enjoy twisting, curving, rebounding, and releasing while exploring the different modern techniques. The floor is used often, and is thought of as a silent partner. This form of dance can take many shapes- soft and fluid, or rigid and fast. Modern technique is often used by many ballet choreographers, and has become very popular. African Dance technique will also be explored, as a sect of modern.
Amanda Hook started dancing at the age of eight. She studied ballet, jazz, tap, modern, and contemporary at the Alton Dance Academy. She has had feature roles in many ADA productions, her favorite is Shenzi in The Lion King. As a student Amanda was a great role model and exemplified dedication. This culminated with her induction into the National Honor Society for Dancers under the chapter of the Alton Dance Academy.
The dress code is for the safety of all children and adults dancing. We need to see your muscles and their movements. Please see the instructor if you have any questions.
- Any color leotard with tights rolled up, or jazz pants.
- Hair in a braid or bun.
- Boys: any color shirt with jazz pants, or athletic shorts.
- Nonrefundable $20 registration fee per student
- Multi-class and sibling discounts will be applied
- Payments are due the first dance class of EACH month.
- Payments not received by the 7th will incur a late fee of $10 per month late.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $15 late fee per month late.
- A $25 fee for returned checks.
- Payments can be made in cash (in an envelope with the student(s) name) or by check made payable to Alton Dance Academy. Please have the students name on the check.
- There is a tuition drop box in the lobby, and new this year we have installed a drop on the outside Boutique door.
- You may also mail payments to: P.O. Box 261 Alton, NH 03809
- Credit cards are accepted on site (Or over the phone with a $2 fee).
- Business Hours for accepting payments are Monday – Thursday: 3:15PM – 6:30PM and Saturday 9AM – 11AM
- There are no refunds for missed classes. You may attend another class to make-up the missed class.