Intermediate Contemporary, Grades 6-8
Students will learn traditional jazz, ballet, and modern movements fused together in a way that is considered contemporary. Must have experience in either ballet or modern. Contact improvisation will be used in class.
Abigail Wenczkowski began her career in dance at the early age of two. She attended the Alton Dance Academy for sixteen years under the direction of Ashley Dowling. There she trained in many forms of dance including ballet, pointe, jazz, tap, hip-hop, modern, contemporary, character and dance history. Abigail’s true passion for teaching dance was uncovered when she assumed the role of a teacher’s assistant at the Alton Dance Academy. For six years, she was a positive role model for young dancers and learned to share her love of the art form. Throughout high school, Abigail taught after-school dance programs at Milton Elementary School, Alton Central School, and Spaulding High School. She was the Dance Captain for the schools color guard and a member of the National Honor Society of Dance Arts. Through this membership, she was recognized for her artistic merit, academic achievements, and leadership skills throughout her educational experiences. Abigail is entering her senior year as a dance major with a concentration in teaching at Dean College’s Joan Phelps Palladino School of Dance under the instruction of several world renowned dancers. She is currently the president of Dean College’s chapter of the National Honors Society of Dance Arts and works with the Elite Dance Challenge Company. Her mission as a dance instructor is to share her adoration and respect of the art form with future generations through professional and skilled instruction, positive experiences, and by inspiring self-confidence and a love for dance within the student.
The dress code is for the safety of all children and adults dancing. We need to see your muscles and their movements. Please see the instructor if you have any questions.
- Any color leotard with tights rolled up, or jazz pants.
- Hair in a braid or bun.
- Boys: any color shirt with jazz pants, or athletic shorts.
- Nonrefundable $20 registration fee per student
- Multi-class and sibling discounts will be applied
- Payments are due the first dance class of EACH month.
- Payments not received by the 7th will incur a late fee of $10 per month late.
- Payments received after the 15th of the month will incur a $15 late fee per month late.
- A $25 fee for returned checks.
- Payments can be made in cash (in an envelope with the student(s) name) or by check made payable to Alton Dance Academy. Please have the students name on the check.
- There is a tuition drop box in the lobby, and new this year we have installed a drop on the outside Boutique door.
- You may also mail payments to: P.O. Box 261 Alton, NH 03809
- Credit cards are accepted on site (Or over the phone with a $2 fee).
- Business Hours for accepting payments are Monday – Thursday: 3:15PM – 6:30PM and Saturday 9AM – 11AM
- There are no refunds for missed classes. You may attend another class to make-up the missed class.